Our operational governance solutions are all powered by a common platform, HOPEX. This ensures consistency between the different components of your operational governance strategy.
Our signature HOPEX platform brings together industry-leading practices in enterprise architecture (EA), application portfolio management (APM), and governance, risk, and compliance (GRC). It is based on international industry best practices and standards and our years of hands-on experience in operational governance.
Because our solutions are built on a common platform, you get greater synergies and collaborative efforts among departments and a clear, shared view of key information about your organization. Our HOPEX platform helps ensure that all stakeholders are working toward the same goals and supporting your organization’s operational governance strategy.
Our ”powered by HOPEX” solutions are web-based and business-process-oriented, offering a collaborative, multilingual workspace and single enterprise repository that all stakeholders can access via an interface personalized according to their profiles.
Users receive support and guidance at every stage of their project through the HOPEX platform’s services, repository administration, and technical configuration capabilities.
Key benefits of HOPEX
- Flexible: The platform can be configured for your organization’s structure, needs, and business environment.
- Adaptable: The multi-user, multilingual workspace is rolled out gradually as your project moves forward and your organization changes.
- Easy-to-use: The user-friendly, web-based interface is personalized for each user profile.
- Reliable: The platform is based on proven market standards and a repository that ensures data consistency and traceability.
- Secure: User profile and access management capabilities can be configured to meet your organization’s needs.
HOPEX platform services
The following services are available on the HOPEX platform:
- A report engine with interactive dashboards and preconfigured or configurable dynamic reports to display the information consolidated in the common repository, facilitate communication, and support decision making.
- A web rendering engine based on a declarative description of the dataflow, with a web-based interface compatible with many types of internet browsers, making it easy to personalize interfaces for different user profiles and configure different user experiences.
- A questionnaire-based evaluation engine to create, configure, prepare, and send out questionnaires as part of campaigns, and process the results to assess key elements of your business such as business processes, risks, controls, applications, and their organization.
- A graphical modeling engine to describe and document, in diagram format, the key elements of your business – such as business processes, risks, controls, applications, and how they relate to each other – giving you a shared, easy-to-read high-level overview.
- A workflow engine to determine validation flows and procedures, dispatch tasks among different users according to profile, send out information, determine milestones, and follow-up on execution – all with the goal of giving users the guidance they need at every stage of their project.
- A task planner to automate processing in order to send out reminders before and after milestones, trigger workflows according to the rules that have been configured, and manage batch processing.
HOPEX administration and configuration
The following repository administration and technical configuration capabilities are available on the HOPEX platform:
- User profile and access management capabilities for the repository to determine the rules for access to data in the repository and to set up the required level of security.
- Repository object management capabilities for day-to-day updates to the repository.
- Management and administration updates to compare and align different versions of the repository, manage object versions, and archive data.
- Configuration of platform tools according to your business needs, from data storage to the user interface to business process rules.
Configuration of interfaces with third-party systems
- Authentication (LDAP, AD)
- Dashboards (SAP Xcelsius web service)
- Reports (SAP Business Objects)
- Imports/exports (Visio, Microsoft Excel)
- Export formats (XPDEL, BPEL, XMI)
- Communication interface (Application Programming Interface in various languages including JAVA, VB, and .Net).