MEGA APM provides CIOs with the means to manage the company’s application portfolio. It uses a comprehensive business architecture approach, which helps to continuously manage costs and improve delivery of IT services.
MEGA APM Overview
With MEGA APM you have complete support of the three main steps of application portfolio management: inventory, evaluation for optimization and transformation.
The underlying platform enables information sharing and data exchange with the other tools in the MEGA Suite.
Inventory: a simple, organized view of the application portfolio
Based on a global information model, a common repository allows you to store all application information - collected through decentralized process - in one central “single source of truth”. Automatic workflow ensures regular updates of collected data. Communication tools facilitate the sharing of the status of your portfolio through a wide range of deliverables.
Evaluation for Optimization: assess value, costs, risks and technology efficiency and safety of the application portfolio
With a unique view of all the different components of your IT portfolio and their relationships, you can easily determine which applications are really paying their way and where to remove cost from the organization. You can identify applications that are critical to the business, and mitigate the risks of losing critical infrastructure supporting them.
Transformation Management: arbitration and planning
Scenario analysis and simulation tools provide the ability to perform IT transformation while minimizing risks and costs. Once the target is defined you can define roadmaps to plan transformation initiatives.
Based on a global enterprise architecture framework, MEGA APM extends application portfolio management efforts with infrastructure portfolio management and interdependency analysis across portfolios.
- a global, simple information model to depict applications and their relationships
- decentralized data collection with easy Web form-based data entry
- collaborative and iterative portfolio management process through predefined workflows
- mass initialization through Excel spreadsheets
- standard APQC process map
- detailed and standard application cost reporting
- automatic maps and diagrams of application environment
- scenario evaluation and arbitration based on multiple criteria, such as costs, risks, business value, and more
- solution roadmaps (master plan) to direct the transformation of your initiatives