MEGA for ArchiMate is made for the organizations which have chosen ArchiMate as the reference framework for their model, enhanced with the performance of the MEGA Suite.
MEGA for ArchiMate Overview
MEGA for ArchiMate is an Implementation of the ArchiMate framework, managed by the ArchiMate Forum, within the Open Group. It relies on the MEGA metamodel to correspond with ArchiMate concepts.
MEGA for ArchiMate offers a three-layered view on the architecture:
- The business layer concerns business processes, services, functions and events of business units. This layer offers products and services to external customers, which are realized in the organization by business processes performed by business actors and roles.
- The application layer concerns software applications that support the components in the business with application services.
- The technology layer deals with the hardware and communication infrastructure to support the application Layer. This layer offers infrastructural services needed to run applications, realized by computer and communication hardware and system software.
MEGA for ArchiMate provides all the features of the associated components: the publication of documents from MEGA Advisor, the workflow and collaborative work from MEGA Teamwork, the import/export of data, the action plans etc.
- Modeling features attached to the ArchiMate framework
- Collaborative environment of the MEGA Suite
- Implementation of ArchiMate diagrams and viewpoints
- Each viewpoint delivers reports that produce the objects described in the viewpoint and links with other database objects