Ref : NAF-SAD / 3 days
The NATO Architecture Framework (NAF) provides guidance for developing and describing Enterprise Architectures. The architecture description can cover many aspects, including capability, operational, system, technical, performance, services provided, and evolution over time.
The MEGA Suite for NAF brings more than 20 years of enterprise architecture modeling and process optimization expertise to serve the needs of large system architecture descriptions.
Who should attend?
- Enterprise Architects
- Enterprise Project Managers
- NAF Project Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts
Knowledge of NAF
- Apply MEGA’s methodology for managing NAF architecture projects, with focus on analysis and design of Resources Architectures and Service Orientations.
- Use NATO System Views (NSV) to describe the systems and interconnections between systems which support NATO processes.
- Use NATO Technical Views (NTV) to use and define standards.
- Use NATO Program Views (NPV) to plan programs and projects to realize the systems expected by the architecture.
- Leverage on NATO Service Views to establish a service oriented style for system design.
- Understand, through concrete examples and a series of exercises, the value added by the MEGA Suite repository, including integrated modeling rules, document generation, and analysis reports.
Introduction to the NAF
- Understanding Enterprise Architecture
- Understanding Frameworks
- NAF Views and Products
Introduction to the MEGA NAF Toolset
- MEGA for NAF Overview
- The Start Page and Navigation Tree
- Main MEGA Concepts and Approaches
Reminding/Discovering the needs (Functional Architecture)
- Reminder/Discovery of NAF All Views
- Reminder/Discovery of NAF Capability views
- Reminder/Discovery of NAF Operational Views
NAF System Views
- NSV-1: System interface description
- NSV-2a : System Port Specification
- NSV-2b : System Port connectivity descriptions
- NSV-2c : System Connectivity Clusters
- NSV-2d : Systems communications quality requirements description
- NSV-3: Resource Interaction Matrix
- NSV-4: System Functionality description
- NSV-5: System function to operational activity traceability matrix
- NSV-6: Systems data exchange matrix
- NSV-7: System quality requirements description
- NSV-8: System configuration management
- NSV-9: Technology and skills forecast
- NSV-10a: Resource constraints specification
- NSV-10b: Resource State Transition Description
- NSV-10c: Resource Event-Trace Description
- NSV-11a: Logical data model
- NSV-11b: Physical data model
- NSV-12: Service Provision
NAF Service Oriented Views
- NSOV-1: Service Taxonomy
- NSOV-2: Service Definitions
- NSOV-3: Capability to service mapping
- NSOV-4: Service constraints, state model and interaction specification
- NSOV-5: Service functionality
- NSOV-6: Service Composition
Providing a global view of requirements and solutions
- Reminder/Discovery of NAF Technical Views
- Reminder/Discovery of NAF Program Views
- NAF Website
- Document Outputs
Mastering the Repository
- Organizing the enterprise repository
- Sharing and distributing models
- Running queries
- Working as a team
Over 3 days, this training course alternates theoretical presentations on Enterprise Architecture for NAF with the production of a real case scenario to enable a better understanding of the method and tool. This course is delivered by an experienced MEGA Consultant, who is knowledgeable in proper modelling techniques and an expert in the use of MEGA for NAF.