Ref : NAF-FA / 3 days
The NATO Architecture Framework (NAF) provides guidance for developing and describing Enterprise Architectures. The architecture description can cover many aspects, including capability, operational, system, technical, performance, services provided, and evolution over time.
The MEGA Suite for NAF brings more than 20 years of enterprise architecture modeling and process optimization expertise to serve the needs of large system architecture descriptions.
Who should attend?
- Enterprise Architects
- Enterprise Project Managers
- NAF Project Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts
Knowledge of NAF
- Apply MEGA's methodology for managing NAF architecture projects.
- Use NATO All Views (NAV) to define the scope and purpose of an architecture.
- Use NATO Capability Views (NCV) to understand the capability approach.
- Use NATO Operational Views (NOV) to describe operational nodes, functional processes, organizations, information models and information exchanges required to accomplish NATO missions.
- Understand, through concrete examples and a series of exercises, the value added by the MEGA Suite repository, including integrated modeling rules, document generation, and analysis reports.
Introduction to the NAF
- Understanding Enterprise Architecture
- Understanding Frameworks
- NAF Views and Products
Introduction to the MEGA NAF Toolset
- MEGA for NAF Overview
- The Start Page and Navigation Tree
- Main MEGA Concepts and Approaches
Defining the Scope and Purpose of the Architecture
- NAV-1: Overview and Summary Information
- NAV-2: Definition of Terms
- NOV-1: Contextual Overview
NAF Capability views
- NCV-1: Capability Vision
- NCV-2: Capability Taxonomy
- NCV-3: Capability Phasing
- NCV-4: Capabilities dependency
- NCV-5: Capability to Organizational Mapping
NAF Operational Views
- NOV-2: Operational Node Connectivity Description (in conjunction with the NAF Service View NSOV-2 Service Definitions).
- NOV-4: Organisational Relationship Chart
- NOV-5: Operational Activity Model
- NOV-6c: Operational Event-trace Description
- NOV-6a: Business Rules
- NOV-6b: Operational States Description
- NOV-7: Conceptual information model
NAF Technical Views
- NTV-1: Technical Standards Profiles
- NTV-2: Technical Standards Forecast
NAF Program Views
- NPV-1: Program Portfolio Relationship
- NPV-2: Program to Capability Mapping
- NAF Website
- Document Outputs
Mastering the Repository
- Organizing the enterprise repository
- Sharing and distributing models
- Running queries
- Working as a team
Over 3 days, this training course alternates theoretical presentations on Enterprise Architecture for NAF with the production of a real case scenario to enable a better understanding of the method and tool. This course is delivered by an experienced MEGA Consultant, who is knowledgeable in proper modelling techniques and an expert in the use of MEGA for NAF.