Ref : MPP / 1 day
During this course you will learn to use MEGA Portfolio and Planning to create portfolios of change initiatives. These initiatives may include developing new applications, designing new products, or managing transformation projects. Regardless of the context, however, MEGA Portfolio and Planning will help you ensure that the initiatives contribute to the organization's strategic objectives.
In addition, with the MEGA repository, you will analyze the data to identify gaps, redundancies, and overlaps. From there, you will compare possible scenarios to help make informed decisions on which initiatives to select, accelerate or kill.
Who should attend?
- Enterprise Architects
- IT Strategists and Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Use MEGA Portfolio and Planning to select initiatives that contribute to strategic objectives.
- Analyze gaps in the baseline Information System.
- Use Master Plans to define a roadmap for the future Information System.
- Produce clear and informative graphics to indicate possible IT system evolutions and the impact of changes on business functions.
- Appreciate the added value of a repository backed tool.
Main Principles: Getting Started with MEGA Portfolio and Planning
- Product Features
- Navigation in the Toolset
- Articulation with MEGA Architecture
Introduction to Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management Principles
- Training Scenario
- Main Concepts and Viewpoints
- Types of portfolios (Projects, Applications, Products, etc.)
Describing a Legacy IT System (As Is)
- Application Architecture Concepts and Viewpoints
- IT Service
- Technical Infrastructure Required
- Inventorying Technical Assets
- IT City Planning Principles
- Using Analysis Reports to Discover IT Assets
Planning IT System Evolutions (To Be)
- Describing Changes with Variations
- Planning Changes with Master Plans
- Producing Analysis reports for stakeholders
- Using Master Plans to identify areas of conflict
- Assessing Initiatives
- Using standard criterion
- Creating customized criterion
- Creating Portfolio Master Plans
Mastering the MEGA repository
- Organizing the enterprise repository
- Sharing and distributing models
- Running queries
- Working as a team
The course alternates theoretical explanations of methods to be implemented, presentations of associated tool functions, and practical exercises that allow participants to apply the theory learned on a realistic case. The trainer for this course is an experienced consultant who is an expert in the use of MEGA Portfolio and Planning.